Welcome To TotallyDrinkable.com! Your One-Stop-Shop For Information About Drinking Water
Water is one of the most important subjects in the world for each and every one of us. However, we are only really interested in water when a problem arises - usually with our drinking water.
According to research, around 70% of the surface of the earth is covered by water, but approximately 97% of it is seawater. Another 2% or so is made up of glaciers and polar ice. The remaining 1% is the fresh water which is used by industry, agriculture and for drinking water.
With the population of the world growing quickly - now at over 7 billion - and water supplies falling, we all need to take the issue of water use very seriously.
In many parts of the world, entire towns and villages have little or no access to clean, drinkable water. Around 1.2 billion people do not have reliable access to clean drinking water. For example, it has been argued that the conflict in Darfur is about access to water. There are predictions of more water related conflicts in the future.
In fact, even in many parts of the 'developed' world, tap water quality has fallen in recent years. Many areas have had little to no investment in infrastructure in recent decades meaning that families are taking matters into their own hands to ensure the quality of their drinking water.
This has lead to an increase in the use of water filters, water purifiers and water softeners.
There are also a number of worrying trends about water usage that have come to light as climate change is being more thoroughly researched. Therefore, this site looks at the health benefits of water for the body, but also at the water policies of governments, NGOs and what this might mean for us - the consumers.
Here at TotallyDrinkable.com we investigate these matters as well as providing water filter reviews and water purifier reviews.
Your authors are based in Brussels, Belgium - a place with no shortage of rain! - and work in and around European Union policy making. We hope that our access to governments, think tanks, charities and non-governmental organisations, within both the climate change and environment arenas will help to provide you the reader with interesting and informative information about the most valuable resource on earth. We hope you enjoy your visit!
- World Water Day And Other Annual Water Events
- World Water Day provides the opportunity for ordinary citizens to help highlight clean water as a global priority
- Compare Water Softeners – Know The Key Factors
- When you set out to compare water softeners, there are a few key factors that you need to take into consideration.
- Do Big Blue Water Filters Really Make a Difference?
- Do big blue water filters really make a difference is a simple question to answer when you consider the human race continues to dump pollution into natural water sources
- The Health Benefits Of Drinking Water
- What are the health benefits of drinking water? Can you improve your health by drinking more? If so, how much? We look at these questions as well as the overall impact of water on human health.
- How To Filter Water? What Are Your Options?
- How to filter water for the best results? We discuss the water filtration options available for the home.
- What Is Mineral Water? Different Types Of Water Discussed
- What is mineral water? What makes it better - or worse - for you than other types of water? We discuss different drinking water options.
- Our Most Recent Water Pages
- The most recent pages on TotallyDrinkable.com discuss drinking water, quality standards and methods of purification and filtration.
- Types Of Water Filter
- Your decision to buy one of the many different types of water filter available will be driven by what you need to use it for
- Water Purifier Reviews - How To Choose The Best Water Purifier For Your Needs
- To find the most effective water purifier reviews, you must understanding your exact water purifying needs
- What Are The Different Types Of Water Purifiers ?
- Different types of water require different types of water purifiers. This section looks at the range of water purifiers and which might be most suitable for your needs.
- Refridgerator Water Filter Reviews
- We review the biggest names in the refridgerator water filter world to help you make informed choices.
- Finding The Best Water Softener With Internet Reviews
- Finding the best water softener by using internet review sites can be a little bit like trying to walk through the rainforest without getting wet. This article looks at some of the factors that are
- Start With Your Specific Needs For A Comparison Of Water Softeners
- Running a real comparison of water softeners starts with identifying your needs.
- Water Softeners Comparison – What You Should Look For
- When looking at different brands of water softeners comparison shopping is a must.
- How Water Softeners Work
- In order to understand how water softeners work, it’s important to understand why water softeners are necessary to begin with.
- Buy Water Softener – The Benefits Are Numerous
- When you set out to buy water softener products, you will soon discover just how many different ways there are to soften water.
- What is in Tap Water? There is No Way of Knowing For Certain
- To know what is in tap water you need to look out for contaminants such as metals, coliforms and various types of bacteria
- What Are The Commercial Uses Of American Plumber Water Filters?
- American Plumber water filters are appropriate for home use, but are also generally appropriate for some commercial uses.
- Water Policy - Looking at the importance of government policy
- Does water policy have an impact on the quality of your drinking water? What impact does government policy have? We look at the ways in which water policy impacts the consumer.
- Water Softener Reviews – Beware of Manufacturer Sites
- When you are looking to purchase a water softener reviews are an incredibly useful tool.
- Whole House Water Filter System - How To Filter All Your Water
- Can you use a whole house water filter system to filter all the water into your home? The answer is Yes - and we explain more here.
- Legal Notice
- This page contains the Terms and Conditions of useage of TotallyDrinkable.com