Should People Drink Distilled Water? Some Issues To Be Aware Of
Distilled water is an important element in medical and industrial fields. While there are some people who drink distilled water on a daily basis, there remain facts that still need to be known about this.
There have been several studies focused on whether people should drink distilled water or not. Many studies concluded that distilled water can adversely affect your health if used or drunk for a longer time period.
So should people drink distilled water or not? Here are some interesting bits of information that should help you learn more about this kind of water and help you make up your mind about whether it is good for you and your family or not:
* When drunk for a long period of time, distilled water may cause a certain amount of mineral deficiency in the body. This is because some of the minerals your body needs are usually absorbed and digested through the water you consume.
* Because distilled water has no electrolyte value, there is a possibility you can become dehydrated if you drink it over a sustained period. Electrolytes can be sourced from chloride, sodium and potassium, all of which are not to be found in distilled water.
* When cooking vegetables and other types of food with the use of distilled water, there is a greater chance of getting a lower nutritional value from them. This is because distilled water is known to take out the mineral content from fruits, vegetables and other food types.
* If your mineral intake is reduced because of drinking and using distilled water all the time, you can be at greater risk for contracting such diseases as hypothyroidism, osteoporosis, hypertension, osteoarthritis, coronary artery disease, and other degenerative diseases that are usually linked with premature aging. This alone is enough to make you think carefully whether to drink distilled water over a long period of time.
* Distilled water can turn the air acidic because it is known to absorb the carbon dioxide from it.
These facts should make you think twice about the long-term implications. While it is up to you to make a decision, if you want to ensure the health of you and your family, you would be advised to say no to drinking distilled water over a long period of time.
To read more about related subjects, please follow these links:
What Is Mineral Water?
What Is Mineral Water? What You May Not Know About It
What Are Some Mineral Water Health Benefits?
What Health Benefits Are Derived From Drinking Mineral Water?
Should People Drink Distilled Water?
What Is In Tap Water?